Pack 41 Pennington, NJ
George Washington Council
November 17, 1948: A brief summary of a meeting held by Den 3, written by Douglas Latimer, Keeper of the Buckskin. A later article identifies this den as part of Pack 41. The title, Keeper of the Buckskin, appears to be sort of a recording secretary. Each Cub Scout gets an opportunity to be the Keeper of the Buckskin for at least one meeting.
February 23, 1949: This article mentions Den 3 of Cub Scout Pack 41. The article also mentions two den mothers, Mrs. Henry Kroupa and Mrs. Henry Weeks.
December 28, 1949: Cub Scouts re-organize 7 Dens under leadership of Cubmaster Henry Guckes. (The article seems to indicate that Pack 41 had been inactive for a while and this was an effort to become active again. . . jos)
May 24, 1950: Cub Scout Pack 41 held a carnival.
Febuary 14, 1951: Cub Scout Pack 41 held their Blue and Gold dinner at the Pennington School. (long article)
June 13, 1951: Cub Scouts held a carnival on the corner of Green Avenue and West Delaware Avenue. This was the last program under the leadership of Phillip Robins, acting Cubmaster. (At the time, Phillip was a Boy Scout. He resigned to enter college. . . jos)
October 17, 1951: Cub Scout Pack 41 held its first Fall meeting at the Shaw Memorial Chapel of the Pennington School, under the leadership of Cubmaster W. Leland Foster.
February 13, 1952: Blue and Gold dinner at the Pennington School. The Lions Club now sponsors the pack. (long article with lots of names)
February 28, 1953: Cub Scout Pack 41 held a dinner at the Pennington School. The pack has 6 dens under the leadership of Cubmaster John Gray. (the article lists the names of all the Cubs)
October 21, 1953: James Lawrence named Cubmaster of Pack 41. The Lions Club continues to sponsor the pack.
December 2, 1954: Cub Pack, sponsored by the Lions Club, has 12 dens. Norman F. Stephany is Cubmaster, (lots of names)
(The above references are from the Hopewell Herald.)
return to Scouting in Pennington Home Page
May 17, 2004