Camp Cowaw from 1940 to 1970

Opened by the Raritan Council in 1940, close to Camp Pahaquarra on the Delaware River. The camp was sold in 1970, after Middlesex and Raritan Councils merged to become the Thomas A. Edison Council. Six new troop tent sites were carved into the forest on the northeast side of Struble Road and were named Camp Cowaw, while the original camp retained the Sakawawin name and the entire operation became Kittatinny Mountain Scout Reservation.

Camp Setup, in mid-1940s
Daily Activities, mid-1940s
From Al Zusman

Cards from Camp (1)
Cards from Camp (2)
Camp Song

Camping in Thomas A. Edison council
Camp Cowaw Home Page
November 3, 2000